Friday, 14 August 2026

Yet More Faves


Welcome to a really warm South Manchester where yesterday we had the hottest day of the year so far. It is supposed to be cooling down a little over the next couple of weeks and we may see some much needed rain in the UK. 

Let’s dive into some silly questions from Sunday Stealing, shall we? 

WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE ...? 

1. Flavour?

It’s difficult to pick out a favourite flavour to be honest. I generally love most flavours, only grimacing occasionally when an unexpected revolting substance like celery, rhubarb or apricot accidentally touches my taste buds. 

I will go with cheese because I like most cheeses and cheese on toast is my favourite snack. 

2. Movie?

I can’t really select a favourite movie because I have a huge list of them that I would watch repeatedly. I will give you my favourite movie of the year so far: Spider-man: Brand New Day, closely followed by The Odyssey

3. Piece of jewellery?

I don’t wear jewellery now. Back in the 1980’s I used to wear a silver neck chain that I was given as a birthday gift. It has long since disappeared in the sands of time. I do have a nice watch that I acquired as a reward for long service at the company I used to work for, so I will pick that. 

4. Place to be?

That depends. A lot of the time my favourite place to be is “abroad somewhere” when I am travelling. However, as the old adage goes, “There’s no place like home” and mostly I like to be here in my own house in South Manchester. 

5. Boy's name?

Given that my name is Dave, I choose that of course. I’m sometimes called David by people who don’t know any better and I can forgive that. 

6. Girl's name?

I have two boys but when we were deciding on the possibility of a girl’s name (just in case) I opted for Rachael or Rachel. 

7. Candy?

I rarely eat “candy” (we call it sweets here in the UK). However, I sometimes get some for birthdays and people know that I love dark chocolate, especially if it is made by Lindt.


8. Sports team?

I support my home town football team, Walsall (that’s “soccer” if you are American). Sadly they are in the fourth tier of the English league and not very good. However, the football season has just started and my confidence is high because my team beat a team called Bristol City away from home in their first match in the League Cup. The good thing about that is that Bristol City are in the second tier of English football (just below the Premier League) so that is an amazing result. I know that the season is long and that by next May we will have messed it up and finished in mid-table obscurity again. However, nobody can stop me from dreaming of gaining promotion to the third tier at the end of the season. It could happen. 

Of course I also support the National team, England, who finished third in the 2026 World Cup in Canada, America and Mexico. 

9. Colour?

Teal is my favourite colour. 

10. Month?

This is a slightly tricky one but I have decided to go for June. June is that start of summer, my favourite season, and has the longest days and shortest nights. I also have a soft spot for October because that is the month I was born in. 


No comments: