Sunday, 11 October 2009
Thanks to my friend and fellow Manchester blogger, Mark (from
An Eerie Tapestry) I have decided to become a thief on Sunday and steal a meme. Anyway, you too can play here if you like - it's a bit of fun, anyway.
1. Is there anybody you just wish would fall off the planet?
Too many to mention. Here are a few: Simon Cowell and anybody to do with X Factor, Anybody with anything to do with Strictly Come Dancing, Jeremy Kyle, 50 Cent, George W Bush, Margaret Thatcher, Katie Price (aka Jordan), Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, Chris Moyles, Timmy Mallet, Ant and Dec, Boris Johnson, Naomi Campbell, Mariah Carey, Jamie Oliver, Anthony Worral Thompson, Anybody who has been a contestant on Big Brother or any other reality TV show, Ashley Cole, Cristiano Ronaldo, Diego Maradona, Alan Hansen, Clive Tyldesley
I think I’d better stop there.
2. How do you flush the toilet in public?
Bizarre question. I prefer not to allow the public into the toilet while I’m using it to be honest. Call me weird but that’s the way I think.
3. Do you wear your seatbelt in the car?
Yes I do. I would be arrested if I didn’t and that’s something I’m not willing to do.
4. Do you have a crush on someone?
Of course - Mrs PM.
5. Name one thing you worry about running out of.
6. What famous person do you (or other people) think you resemble?
The Milky Bar Kid or Joe 90 or anybody with blonde hair and glasses.
7. What is your favourite pizza topping?
Pepperami and as many different kinds of cheese as you can cram onto the top of the pizza without gluing it to the hotplate.
8. Do you crack your knuckles?
No. That is one of the most irritating habits on the planet. I hate it when people do that.
9. What song do you hate the most?
Too many to mention. At the moment, anything in the categories: rap, r’n’b, boy bands, girl bands, jazz or dance music. That’s a start at least. Oh and anything by Mariah Carey.
10. Did just mentioning that song make it get stuck in your head?
Nope. I am listening to “Under a Glass Moon” by Dream Theater so that is firmly entrenched in my head.
11. What are your super powers?
I can read minds - particularly those who read my blog posts.
12. Peppermint or spearmint?
13. Where are your car keys?
Next to me on the desk (where they always are).
14. Last song you listened to?
“Pull Me Under” by Dream Theater (“Under a Glass Moon” is still playing).
15. What's your most annoying habit?
16. Where did you last go on vacation?
Boston and Cape Cod in the good old US of A.
17. What is your best physical feature?
Asking me that is like trying to find a diamond in a pile of elephant droppings. I would probably say my blue eyes, although certain crazy women appear to like my bum for some reason.
18. What CD is closest to you right now?
“Images and Words” by Dream Theater
19. What 3 things can always be found in your refrigerator?
Cheese, milk and grapefruit juice.
20. What superstition do you believe/practice?
None – it’s all a bunch of bunkum.
21. What colour are your bed sheets?
At the moment, red.
22. Would you rather be a fish or a bird?
A bird - which is a bit weird considering I’m scared of heights – but I would hope that the ability to fly would put paid to that.
23. Last thing you broke?
I can’t remember. Watch me break something now.
24. What are you having to eat tonight?
25. What colour shirt are you wearing?
26. If you could be doing anything else today, what would you rather be doing?
I would rather be on holiday somewhere exotic.
27. Do security cameras make you nervous?
No – my ugly face usually inflicts severe damage to them.
28. If you wrote a book about your life, what would the title be?
The Mancunian Candidate
29. Last time you went to a cemetery?
In Boston, we visited the Copps Hill Burial Ground. Lots of intersting old graves dating from the 17th century.
30. Last concert you went to?
Steel Panther at the Manchester Academy.
31. Favourite musician(s)/bands you've seen in concert?
Rush, Metallica, Rammstein, Foo Fighters, Nine Inch Nails, Deep Purple, AC/DC, Judas Priest, Thunder, The Widhearts, Queen – too many others to mention.
32. Next concert you're planning to attend?
Rammstein at the Manchester Evening News Arena in February.
33. Do you talk to yourself?
No – but I talk to the cats. They are the only ones who listen to me. Actually, even the cats don’t listen to me.
34. Have you ever adopted or purchased a pet?
Yes. Jasper and Poppy were acquired from the Cats Protection League as kittens.
35. Have you ever been present when an animal is being born?