Saturday, 20 November 2010
Time for another strange meme from Sunday Stealing . Theft, in some cases, can be good.
1. What was the last thing you put in your mouth?
The last thing I put in my mouth would have been a piece of fusilli, cooked to perfection and smothered in a fabulous mushroom sauce, with a hint of tuna.
Yup – I bashed together a quick pasta for tea again.
2. How late did you stay up last night and why?
I went to bed at approximately 11:30 pm. I would have stayed up later but I had fallen asleep on the couch and Mrs PM said that I was scaring the cats.
3. If you could move somewhere else, would you?
I would seriously consider a move to Hong Kong. My problem is that I would miss Britain too much so I really can’t decide whether my desire to live in Hong Kong would be stronger than the desire to stay in Britain. I would quite happily consider travelling between the two though; summer in Britain and winter in Hong Kong.
Now there’s a thought.
4. Have you ever been kissed under fireworks?
I’ve been kissed in a lot of places and I am certain that fireworks were going off at some point.
5. Do you believe ex’s can be friends?
That’s a really tricky one. I do know of people who are friends with ex’s simply because when they were in a relationship with each other they could not live together.
I think it would be a struggle to be honest.
6. When was the last time you cried really hard?
I can’t remember. Probably ten years ago when a football pranged me in the groin.
7. What items could you not go without during the day?
A cup of tea, a dose of decent music and a computer/laptop/notepad to transform my weird thoughts to a different media so I can remember to inflict them on you, dear reader.
8. Who was the last person you visited in the hospital?
I think it was probably my mum a few years ago.
9. How do you feel about your life right now?
If you take work out of the equation, life is absolutely peachy.
10. If we were to look in your facebook inbox, what would we find?
A message from Facebook saying “We miss you. Why don’t you log on very often?”
11. Say you were given a drug test right now, would you pass?
12. Has anyone ever called you perfect before?
Yes. Megan Fox keeps ringing me up and saying “We’re perfect for each other.” I have to fight the woman off. Have you ever been stalked by a pest before? It’s not pleasant. I shouldn’t have given her my phone number.
13. Someone knocks on your window at 2:00 a.m.: who do you want it to be?
I know who I DON’T want it to be. I still remember being scared shitless by “’Salem’s Lot” when the floating vampire kid scraped the window. Since there is a good chance of me being asleep in my bedroom on the first floor, such a knock would probably make me wet the bed.
And that would really annoy Mrs PM.
14. Do you think too much or too little?
I definitely think too much. Even when I am in bed, I replay weird thoughts over and over and end up having crazy dreams.
15. Do you believe in fairy tales?
No. I do believe in science fiction though.
16. Have you ever licked the back of a CD to try to get it to work?
What kind of pervert would do that? I’ve tried licking the back of a stamp to make it work but I don’t always succeed. I would love to do something to destroy one of Mrs PM’s CD’s though. The only problem is that I have so many more than her and my music is precious – and her revenge would know no bounds.
17. What’s the largest age difference between yourself and someone you’ve dated?
I think, actually, that might be the age difference between myself and Mrs PM. We are almost eight years apart.
18. Have you ever been on a blind date?
Yes – and she loved me. We danced the night away and I kissed here sweetly on the cheek when we parted. I was thirteen years old and her name was Tracy.
My dad set up the date.
19. Do you have any friends that you’ve known for 10 years or more?
Crikey – yes! Lots. And I feel very old.
20. Have you ever had a crush on a teacher?
Absolutely! At the tender age of nine in my junior school we had a delightful teacher called Miss Thomas. She was probably in her twenties and I adored her, so much so that I fawned over her like a lost kitten. I still think of her when I hear the Abba song “When I Kissed the Teacher” – which sadly I never managed to pluck up the courage to do. I reckon she must be sixty five years old now – at least.
21. What song do you want played at your funeral?
A choice of two:
Stairway To Heaven – Led Zeppelin
Home – Depeche Mode
22. Would you tell your parents if you were gay?
I would have to. I would hope that they would support me.
23. What would your last meal be before getting executed?
I think I would go for fifteen pints of bitter, so that the pain was nulled.
24. Do you walk around the house naked?
I have been known to but since the cats starting complaining, Mrs PM has urged me not to.
25. What do you do as soon as you walk in the house?
Throw my keys onto the table, throw my wallet and change into a dish, throw my coat onto the chair and sit down with a huge sigh of relief.
26. Who is the person you can count on the most?
Mrs PM. No contest (musical taste apart that is).
27. What is your favourite Holiday?
Anywhere nice in the summer – or Christmas.
28. Would you ever get plastic surgery?
Not at all. I am more scared of the pain than I am of being ugly.
29. Have you ever caught a fish?
I once caught a fish breaking into my house.
No – seriously, I haven’t. Fishing is tedium personified.
30. What is the first thing you notice about people?
If it’s a woman then definitely her boobs. I am a man and I can’t help it.
31. What is the farthest you’ve been from home?
That would have to be Sydney, Australia – 10553 miles or 16983 kilometres.
32. How did you meet your spouse or significant other (or most recent one)?
We got together on a business trip to Hong Kong.
33. Where was the last place you drove (other than home/school/work)?
I drove to the cinema today with my two lads, to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part One).