Saturday, 20 February 2010
In between posts again so I thought I’d have a go at another Sunday Stealing Meme. Since I missed last week’s effort, I am doing this long two part meme in one go. Call me crazy if you like but that’s the kind of guy I am.
1. How old will you be in five years?
I will be the grand old age of 52. I’m an old git now so by then I’ll be past caring. In fact, with any luck I will have forgotten how old I am.
2. Who did you spend at least two hours with today?
Mrs PM and our big fat cat. Oh – and my “on call” phone which means I can’t do anything exciting this weekend.
3. How tall are you?
Around 5ft 11 inches – unless I wear platform shoes in which case I grow to well over six feet tall.
4. What do you look forward to most in the next six weeks?
If you said “12 weeks” I would say my holiday. But since the next six weeks are likely to be quite tedious I will say a rock concert (I’m off to see “Airbourne”) and the end of winter.
5. What’s the last movie you saw?
At the cinema, “Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief” – a Harry Potter style fantasy that my 14 year old lad quite enjoyed. I merely switched off my brain, stopped picking holes in the plot and watched it with a huge bag of popcorn. Actually, it was quite good – for a teenager’s film.
On the TV, it was “Signs” that creepy alien film by M Night Shylaman. I was on my own because Mrs PM had chickened out in favour of bed. As I said, quite creepy, but Jasper, the cat, held my hand, digging his claws in so that I didn’t run away.
6. Who was the last person you called?
A friend who we are supposed to be going on holiday with in September.
7. Who was the last person to call you?
A friend who we are supposed to be going on holiday with in September.
8. What was the last text message you received?
A voice mail from a friend who we are supposed to be going on holiday with in September.
9. Who was the last person to leave you a voicemail?
A friend who we are supposed to be going on holiday with in September. This is getting tedious now.
10. Do you prefer to call or text?
I am old fashioned and prefer to hear the sound of a voice. Call me weird but “textspeak” is not only lazy, it is totally incomprehensible. I mean, what does this mean?
“c u l8r xxx”
11. What were you doing at 12am last night?
Watching “Signs” while being protected by my big fat cat.
12. Are your parents married/separated/divorced?
My parents were married right up until the time my father died in 1981.
13. When is the last time you saw your mom?
I saw her at Christmas. I really should visit her more.
14. What color are your eyes?
My eyes are a “sexy” blue, so Mrs PM says. In fact most people say that too.
15. What time did you wake up today?
I woke up at 0745, which is bloody annoying considering I wanted a lie in. Why is that at the weekend, when you don’t have to set the alarm clock for an ungodly hour, that your body clock decides to boot you awake at an ungodly hour? I mean come on – it is just not bloody fair is it? I’ll try again tomorrow.
16. What are you wearing right now?
A spacesuit. I’m still spooked by “Signs”.
Not really – I’m wearing a pair of jeans, a pair of socks, a pair of underpants, a T shirt and a jumper.
17. What is your favorite Christmas song?
“Fairytale of new York” by the Pogues and Kirsty MacColl.
18. Where is your favorite place to be?
Sitting in a bar in Lan Kwai Fong, Hong Kong, watching the world go by.
19. Where is your least favorite place to be?
Sitting at my desk in the office at 0730 on a Monday morning.
20. Where would you go if you could go anywhere?
I would go to Tokyo. I am aiming to go there within the next ten years, funds permitting of course. I will keep an eye on the lottery draw tonight because if I win that I will be on my way on Monday morning.
21. Where do you think you’ll be in 10 years?
I imagine that I will be in a pub with all the other old gits, moaning about the state of Britain. Hopefully I will be traveling around the world or finishing off my fifth novel.
22. Do you tan or burn?
I absolutely fry. I become “The Incredible Red Melting Man”. Read about it here.
23. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child?
I thought that Count Dracula was going to burst into my room, drain me of all my blood and leave lying there looking even more deathly white than I usually do. I wouldn’t have minded had it been a sexy female vampire though.
24. What was the last thing that really made you laugh?
I laugh a lot but the last belly laugh was “Mock The Week” on Thursday night. I love that programme.
25. How many TVs do you have in your house?
Three – one in the lounge for TV obviously, one in the back room for games and DVDs and one in the second of our three bedrooms.
26. How big is your bed?
It is a massive bed, so big that it needs a Satellite Navigation System to find my way out.
No – not really. It’s a King size (mainly to allow our big fat cat to sleep on there).
27. Do you have a laptop or desktop computer?
I have both – a clapped out old desktop with a proper keyboard that I use to write and listen to music, and a fairly new laptop to allow Mrs PM to use when I am hogging the desktop (though occasionally we swap – just for variety).
29. What color are your sheets?
At this precise moment they are red. Don’t ask me why – Mrs PM loves red and purple.
30. How many pillows do you sleep with?
I sleep with one foam pillow that stops me from waking up with a stiff neck and walking around like a robot for the rest of the week.
31. What is your favorite season?
Summer, without a doubt.
32. What do you like about Autumn?
I love the colour of the leaves on the trees. I also like the fact that in the first part of Autumn, the temperature is still quite pleasant.
33. What do you like about winter?
The end of it.
34. What do you like about the summer?
Summer in the UK is perfect (as long as the rain stays away). It is just the right temperature and the countryside is wonderful.
35. What do you like about spring?
The fact that winter has ended and it will soon be summer.
36. How many states provinces have you lived in?
I’ve never lived in a state. I’ve been to quite a few of the American states, including Florida, California, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Washington DC, Georgia and later this year I will be going to Alaska and Washington state.
In the UK, I have lived in the West Midlands, Merseyside, Cheshire and Greater Manchester.
37. What cities/towns have you lived in?
I was born in Walsall, moved to Liverpool in 1981, moved to Manchester in 1984, moved to Altrincham ( a small town near Manchester) in 1986 and then back to Manchester in 1998.
38. Do you prefer shoes, socks, or bare feet?
Shoes definitely. The thought of treading in a fouls substance in socks or bare feet makes me feel quite ill.
39. Are you a social person?
I am very social once I can conquer the initial shyness that threatens to stop me from walking into new situations. It is a constant battle but I usually prevail.
40. What was the last thing you ate?
Fish and chips.
41. What is your favorite restaurant?
Café Deco on Victoria Peak in Hong Kong.
42. What is your favorite ice cream?
I don’t really like ice cream but if I must eat it, I usually scoff Häagen-Dazs Chocolate Chip Cookie.
43. What is your favorite dessert?
I don’t really eat dessert but if I must, it is usually mince pie (only at Christmas).
44. What is your favorite kind of soup?
Chicken and mushroom.
45. What kind of jelly do you like on your PB & J sandwich?
Jelly? On a sandwich? That’s bloody weird!!!!!! It must have been written by an American.
46. Do you like Chinese food?
I love Chinese food.
47. Do you like coffee?
I prefer tea and therefore drink very little coffee. When I do drink coffee, I become so wired that I run around like a man on a video tape being fast-forwarded – that’s when I come down from the ceiling.
48. How many glasses of water, a day, do you drink on average?
At work I usually have several but at home just one or two.
49. What do you drink in the morning?
Half a bottle of vodka.
No – just kidding – a huge mug of tea and a glass of grapefruit juice.
50. What non-banking related card in your wallet is the most valuable to you?
My Waterstone’s loyalty card. I read a lot of books.
51. Do you sleep on a certain side of the bed?
Yes – the side that Mrs PM does not like sleeping on (currently the left side of the bed – but it changes when we stay in a hotel. I’ve never understood women).
52. Do you know how to play poker?
I know how to lose badly at poker – that’s why I never play it.
53. Do you like to cuddle?
Of course. I love to cuddle Mrs PM but, when drunk, I will cuddle anybody and anything, particularly lamp posts.
54. Have you ever been to Canada?
Yes – twice. I went to Toronto both times and managed to sneak away from work and visit Niagara Falls. It is one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I am off there again soon but this time heading over to Vancouver.
55. Do you have an addictive personality?
56. Do you eat out or at home more often?
We eat at home mostly but try to eat out on Friday nights.
57. What do you miss about highschool, if anything?
I miss absolutely nothing about school. It was ritual torture and humiliation and all teachers without exception are sadistic bullies who don’t like to be called names by anarchistic children like me.
58. Do you know anyone with the same birthday as you?
59. Do you want kids?
I already have two kids.
60. Do you speak any other languages?
I speak a little German, a little bit more French and one or two choice phrases in Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian, Mandarin and Cantonese.
61. Have you ever gotten stitches?
62. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?
I’ve never ridden in an ambulance and have no desire to do so.
63. Do you prefer an ocean or a pool?
An ocean – I love the sea.
64. Do you prefer a window seat or an aisle seat?
I prefer an aisle seat; that way I can nip to the toilet without disturbing people.
65. Do you know how to drive stick?
I presume you are not talking about a broomstick because the answer would be “no”.
In the UK we learn to drive with a gear stick and, since 95% of our cars have gear sticks, the answer is a resounding “yes”.
66. What is your favorite thing to spend money on?
Electronic gadgets, music and books.
That was too bloody long - normal service will be resumed soon.