Saturday, 4 September 2010
I thought I would have a go at another Sunday Stealing meme and, as usual, I stumbled into a three part monster.
Nevertheless, I am determined to have a go at it so here for your enjoyment is the entire Majority Personal Meme.
Wish me luck!
1. Are you happier now than you were five months ago?
I reckon I am about the same. I am genuinely happy at the moment and have been for a while now - though I could be happier I suppose if I won the lottery.
2. Have you ever slept in the same bed with anyone that you shouldn't have?
Cripes - yes. But I'm not going to go into any more detail about it.
3. Can you sleep in total darkness?
Absolutely - in fact it's the only time I can sleep. I am a very light sleeper and if there is any light of any kind I ping awake. It's a right pain in the arse.
4. Your phone is ringing. It’s the person you fell hardest for, the one who got away, what do you say?
Why the bloody hell did you humiliate me in front of all my friends? Why did you plunge your hand into my chest and tear my heart apart? OK - I realise it was about thirty years ago so - I forgive you. Never ring me again.
5. What do you think about the weather this summer?
As is typical in England, May and June were quite pleasant but July and August were a disappointing - rainy and miserable. September has started off nicely though. It was 22 degrees today.
6. How many people do you trust with everything?
Not many to be honest.
7. What was the last thing you drank?
I am currently drinking a cup of coffee, so I guess that's the answer.
8. Is there anyone you want to come see you?
Megan Fox? No - Mrs PM would kill me.
9. Name one thing you love about winter?
Apart from the end of it, I would have to say Christmas.
10. Have you ever dated a Goth?
No but I would have loved to have done so. Our musical tastes would have matched almost perfectly.
11. What are you looking forward to tomorrow?
I'm looking forward to a lie in (it's Sunday) and, if the weather is pleasant, a walk in the sunshine.
12. Name something you dislike about the day you’re having?
Nothing - I'm having a pretty good day to be honest. I am typing this meme on my brand new desktop computer that I have paistakingly set up today. I am such a geek.
13. What's the longest that you have committed to one person and one person only?
I would have to say Mrs PM - we are into our twelfth year together, surpassing my previous relationship with W, my ex wife.
14. What’s the first thing you did when you opened your eyes today?
Closed them again.
15. Has anyone ever told you they never want to ever lose you?
Yes - Mrs PM has uttered those words on several occasions.
16. Is there anybody that you wish you could fix your relationship with?
Not really. Everybody I want to have a relationship with gets on with me fine.
17. Could you go out in public, looking like you do now?
Absolutely - although my hair is a bit of a mess at the moment. It is in that weird state when it is just a little too long and is exploding on my head. I need a lorry load of gunk to calm it down. But I'm used to it.
18. Do you think things will change in the next 3 months? How?
I will be 48 in October - but apart from that I don't think so.
19. Do you believe that you never know what you got until you lose it?
I think I do to be fair.
20. Do you have a friend of the opposite sex you can talk to?
I have several friends of the opposite sex I can talk to.
21. If you were to live your life without your best friend, what would change?
I would almost certainly find a new best friend.
22. Tell us about a era of your life that you really miss.
I loved my time at university: it was such an exciting time for me, relishing freedom for the first time. I had such a wonderful social life and the only worries were exams (which I could have done without). It was my first real taste of life and I was utterly free from the dreadful rat race that I am desperate to escape from.
23. Have you ever been betrayed by someone that came as a complete surprise? Without revealing the person, if yes, tell us about it.
Yes but I can't tell you about it without you being able to guess who it is.
24. Do you ever think that is a good idea to hide your feelings?
Absolutely, though I find it difficult as I wear my heart on my sleeve. I can do it if the circumstances demand it.
25. Tell us about your favorite year when you were a student.
My third year at university was magnificent. As I said above I had a fabulous time, acquired a woman crazy enough to go out with me and managed to come out of it with a degree.
25. When was the last time you were in a very good mood? What caused it?
I guess that would be earlier today when I was setting up my new desktop. I am a sad geek as I said above.
26. Have you ever had a romantic relationship with a sibling of a good friend?
I tried once when I was a kid. She simply wasn't interested in me though.
27. Tell us about the last thing that you did that you truly regret.
I can't remember to be perfectly honest - probably having that extra beer last night.
28. When did you laughed today?
I watched "Would I Lie To You?" this morning over breakfast (recorded from last night) and that was amusing enough to make me chuckle.
29. Do you trust easily?
Not unless it is somebody I know well. I certainly don't trust strangers or anybody who claims to offer something that I can't refuse.
30. What do you care about that you wish more people would?
There is too much injustice in the world. It seems to me that the planet is run by people who shout the loudest and demand that everybody follows their lead, even though in the majority of cases these people are incompetent buffoons or power hungry arseholes.
31. Is it easier for you to go without food or go without sleep?
For me it is easier to go without sleep.
32. What non-alcohol beverage do you enjoy drinking the most?
That's difficult but I reckon that it has to be a lovely cup of tea.
33. When you walk into a room full of strangers, generally how is your confidence?
If you had asked me this twenty years ago I would have said that my confidence was extremely low and I would just stood in a corner praying that somebody took pity on me and started chatting. Nowadays, my confidence is a lot higher and I can talk to people a lot more easily.
34. Does talking about sex with anyone but your lover make you uncomfortable?
Totally. As I have said before, when others start talking about sex I become extremely embarrassed - unless it is banter with a few mates. Certainly when women start talking about sex, I just want to leave.
35. Do you tend to believe members of the opposite sex mostly behave the same way?
Not at all. Men are predictable and women are totally the opposite. I simply do not understand women.
36. Did you drink any alcohol this week? If yes, what?
Yes - I was out with Mrs PM and a couple of friends last night, drinking Deuchars IPA.
37. Would you ever consider being a vegetarian?
No - I love meat too much. What's more, I hate vegetarians who claim that "Meat is Murder" and try to shame me into eating stuffed peppers. It's my life - I will choose to eat what I want - even if it is a lamb.
38. Do you believe that there’s always room in your heart for someone?
Why not? Mrs PM owns my heart but others rent the place too.
39. Do you believe in the concept of soul mates?
Absolutely. Mrs PM is my soul mate.
40. Last week, we had a few players criticize our victim’s question. Which is fine to do and we value your opinion. Would you ever consider writing questions for Bud and me to post on a Sunday Stealing?
Yes - would that me a victim of theft when Bud stole it?
41. What are your plans for this weekend?
It's almost over!
42. Do you think someone might be thinking poorly about you? Why might that be?
I would imagine so - I'm not perfect by any means. I would guess that people want to be in my company but I can't please everyone.
42. What features don't you have that you would like on your cell?
I have a crappy old mobile phone and I want an HTC Desire - so that will be changing in the next couple of months. Anything on that particular model would be a bonus - because mine is so archaic that cavemen could probably use it.
43. How many people can comfortably sleep in your bed?
Two people and two cats.
44. What are you hoping happens by the end of 2010?
I hope that I win the lottery or somebody pays me megabucks to write a novel.
45. What was the last video you watched on YouTube?
I watched a high definition trailer this afternoon to see how much better my new desktop is than my old one. I was pelasantly surprised.
46. Would you ever agree to an open relationship with someone?
No! I don't believe in them.
47. Is there something that you could never give up?
Beer, music and football. And reading a good book.
48. Would you, (or did you) prefer a small, intimate wedding reception, or a big-scale, over-the-top reception?
My wedding was huge and cost a fortune. It was good but so tiring. If I were to marry Mrs PM I would prefer a much smaller reception with family and close friends.
49. What’s bothering you right now?
50. Do you hate anyone?
No! I moan about a lot of people but I wouldn't say that I hate anybody.
51. What were you doing at 12 am last night?
Wobbling upstairs to bed with a pint of water.
52. Was this summer a good one? How warm was it where you live?
Deja vu? It was mixed. Highs were about 25 degrees centigrade (though it may have crept up a little).
52. Is the last person you kissed before your current situation mad at you?
No. Why would she be?
53. Can a man and woman be friends without having feelings for each other?
Absolutely. I have several female friends and my feelings are plutonic. Besides, none of them would touch me with a barge pole.
54. Do you think long distance relationships work? If you’ve had one, tell us about it.
They can do but they are difficult. My early relationship with W was a long distance one and we almost split up. In the end we chatted about it and W agreed to move.
55. Do you know why it’s called “Random Boredom“?
56. Do you thing that it’s always the man’s responsibility to initiate sex?
Not at all. It's nice when a woman fancies it.
57. Have you ever made love while you were in the same room with another couple?
How embarrassing would that be?
58. Tell us the best thing about your current or most recent S/O.
By S/O I assume you mean "significant other". If not then my answer will be embarrassing. The best thing about Mrs PM is that despite my flaws she still loves me and she makes me very happy.
59. Tell us the worst thing about your current or most recent S/O.
That's easy - her taste in music is utterly dreadful.
60. Would you write one question in today’s comments so that we could have our followers allow us to steal their questions? We’ll need at least 15.
If you could write a novel, what would it be about?