Tuesday, 3 August 2010
Last year I wrote a post that I hoped would assist shattering the myth that Heavy Metal and Rock music is noisy and featureless with screaming vocals and wailing guitars that is indecipherable to those who have taste.
My post used a few songs to illustrate that Heavy Metal and Rock music can actually be beautiful music that anybody can enjoy.
You can read it here.
I’ve decided to treat you again, dear reader, to another twenty or so songs that I hope help to prove that my favourite bands can in fact produce breath-taking mellow and beautiful music that can soothe away stress in a relaxed way.
You can listen to the following songs in a dimly lit room, with scented candles filling the space around you with a sweet odour that will help you to escape on a fluffy cloud into a land of marshmallows and chocolate where “stress” and “pressure” are words that nobody recognises.
So, dear reader, relax, put up your feet, turn down the lights, close your eyes and drift away into a land of peace and tranquillity (you might have to open your eyes to play the links though):
(1) Dream Theater – Wait For Sleep
(2) Foo Fighters – On The Mend
(3) Queensryche – Someone Else
(4) Porcupine Tree – Trains
(5) Eric Clapton – Let It Grow
(6) Whitesnake – Blindman
(7) Porcupine Tree – Collapse The Light Into Earth
(8) Rammstein – Ein Leid
(9) Rainbow – Rainbow Eyes
(10) Metallica – The Unforgiven
(11) Muse – Exogenesis Part One : Overture
(12) Nazareth – Let Me Be Your Leader
(13) Pink Floyd – Mother
(14) Black Sabbath – Changes
(15) Nine Inch Nails – In This Twilight
(16) Rush – Resist
(17) Dream Theater – Space-Dye Vest
(18) Deep Purple – A Touch Away
(19) Joe Satriani – Always With Me, Always With You
(20) Judas Priest – New Beginnings
(21) Little Angels – Colour of Love
There – that’s better isn’t it?
And just remember – these tunes are by established monsters of Rock and Metal.