Wednesday, 7 October 2009
Well, another year passes by. I am 47 years old tomorrow (8th October).
What’s worrying is that years seem to be flying by in an absolute blur at the moment; it was only yesterday that I was coping with the depression of turning 40. Now, seven years later, I find that I am only three years away from another bloody milestone.
I need to have a word with somebody about this – stop this bloody ageing process and let me go back to being 30 again.
Anyway, no use moping in a stew of gloominess – I am nothing if not optimistic.
I’ve decided to blast away my blues with a feast of hard rock and heavy metal. Below are 20 headbangers and fist-clenchers, many of which I have humiliated myself to in the car, on aircraft, in supermarkets and just about everywhere I’ve ever been with my mp3 player and the 5000 plus songs I have on there.
But who cares? I don’t – if music can’t be enjoyed in public then there is something wrong..
For those of you who loathe all things rock, there is a nice mellow tune at the end.
If you choose to visit the links, please think of me as you are assaulted by sonic perfection.
1. Blue Murder – We All Fall Down
2. Def Leppard – Go
3. The Hives – Tick Tick Boom
4. Iron Maiden – Where Eagles Dare
5. Judas Priest – Painkiller
6. Alice Cooper – Brutal Planet
7. Evanescence – Going Under
8. Marilyn Manson – The Fight Song
9. Metallica – Whiplash
10. Motörhead – Bomber
11. Muse – Knights Of Cydonia
12. Korn – Coming Undone
13. Nine Inch Nails – The Hand That Feeds
14. Rammstein – Links 2 3 4
15. Ten – Thunder In Heaven
16. The Wildhearts – Anthem
17. Joe Satriani – Crystal Planet
18. Nazareth – No Mean City
19. Motley Crue – Kickstart My Heart
20. Gary Moore – Over The Hills And Far Away
And here’s something to calm you down after all that rock:
Air – Space Maker
50? Bring it on!!!